Sunday, October 2, 2011

Why APOCALYPTO? (About this blog)

When the word "Apocalypto" appears, I bet most of you will refer to a 2006 American epic action-adventure movie directed by Mel Gibson. It is true, but that is not the intention of this blog. Apocalypto is a Greek word. Regardless of the debate among many people, apocalypto (ἀποκαλύπτω) literally means 'to reveal'. For me, it conveys my interest to discover many things in this course. This blog is my starting point to reveal!

Nowadays, technology is changed and improved rapidly. We cannot ignore nor do nothing about it. Many instructors and institution adopt technology into their instructional activities to enhance the learning environment. But, there is always a missing link if it is done without any framework. In this case, Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) is a framework to understand and explain the knowledge needed, especially by the teachers. TPACK will lead to effective pedagogical practice in a learning environment enhanced by technology.

My specific interest in this course is about new flexible learning possibilities when new pedagogies and technology are involved. Therefore, based on that interest, there are three areas which I really want to discover individually and also in the group works: pedagogies, flexible learning, and technology.

This is just the beginning, time to reveal! J



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling us the real meaning of Apocalypto.. I was getting worried when I read the title of your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... Yes, I was getting worried, as well... worried that I get the readers confused with my blog title. That's the reason I put the short story there. Glad to know that it helps, Petra:)

    ReplyDelete